We gather and use certain data and information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on the Site. We also collect information to better understand how Site visitors use the Site and to present timely, relevant information to them.
WHAT DATA AND INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If, upon visiting our Site, your use is limited to browsing informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally identifiable information. However, we may still collect the following information:
- Website usage data
- What webpages you visit
- Length of time spent on different webpages
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
We may request and collect personally identifiable information from you in other situations, such as the following:
- If you sign up for an account with us through our Site, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, credit card number, expiration date, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and fax number.
- If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we will ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, Site account number, address, phone number and/or fax number. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us, including a recording of any telephone calls with us.
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve your experience on our Site generally as well as provide you with customized, personalization services and interactive communications. It is our goal to provide you with the best possible products and services. Specifically, we may use this data:
- To provide and manage your account with us;
- To perform a contract we have with you;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- To fulfill requests when authorized by you;
- To provide and manage your access to our Site;
- To provide and supply our products and administer our services to you, including processing payments and other financial transactions;
- For our own internal records;
- To improve the products and services offered to you;
- To diagnose problems with our servers;
- To detect and protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful activity;
- To contact you in response to a specific inquiry or otherwise responding to communications from you;
- To customize the Site for you and personalize your experience on our Site;
- To send you promotional e-mails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you;
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you;
- To contact you via e-mail, telephone or mail for market research purposes;
- To retarget you using social media ads, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and/or Twitter;
- When you enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one our business partners, we may use your e-mail address to send you status updates.
We engage in these activities to manage a contract with you, to comply with a legal obligation, or because we have a legitimate interest.
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
We only keep your data for as long as needed or permitted in accordance with applicable law. We determine our data retention period based on the following criteria:
- The length of time that we have an ongoing relationship with you to provide our goods and services (i.e. the length of time that you have an account with us);
- A legal obligation on 2J Supply to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before deletion (i.e. litigation or regulatory investigations);
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
What are cookies?
Cookies enable us to customize and personalize your experience on our Site, including the products, services and promotions that are offered to you. Essentially, a cookie is a small data file that is sent to your browser from a web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our Site to identify your computer as you view different pages on our Site.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use our Site and what pages they tend to visit.
- Test content on our Site: For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, while the other 50% may see a different piece of content.
- To retarget you on other websites: Such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and/or other websites you may visit on the internet.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us. You have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, our Site uses cookie-based authentication. Accordingly, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to log onto our Site and/or use our services or participate in any sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form, register for an account or provide your information and details on our Site, you may start to receive email communications from 2J Supply. If you decide that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to [email protected] or clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link contained in our marketing emails. Similarly, if you are not receiving our promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings and wish to receive these materials, you may opt-in at any time by simply sending an email request to [email protected].
You have control over your personally identifiable information and how it is collected. For example, you have the right to:
- Erase or delete all or some of your account;
- Change or correct your personally identifiable information and manage your account and the content contained in it;
- Send a request to 2J Supply at [email protected] to change your personally identifiable information or for all personally identifiable information about you to be deleted. If you make such a request, this will cancel your account with 2J Supply. For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
SHARING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone unless we have your permission or the law requires us to do so. If and whenever we intend to share your personally identifiable information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer. However, we may from time to time rent or sell demographic information in the aggregate that does not contain your personally identifiable information.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy. We generally will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission to do so or under some special circumstances described below:
- As noted previously, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services as well as sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or any jointly sponsored sweepstakes, contests or promotions will become the joint property of 2J Supply and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may (but only with your permission) share your name and e-mail address with them.
- We may disclose aggregate demographic and/or user information and statistics in order to describe our customer base to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information without your prior permission in special cases. For example, we may have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the our Terms and Conditions, or may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of 2J Supply or any third party, including other customers. Also, we may disclose or access your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that the law or regulations require disclosure.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF COMPANY PARTNERS
To protect the security and quality of your personal information, we have implemented technical and managerial procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration when it is under our control. Your personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to yourself and those with whom you share your password, 2J Supply, as well as third party access facilitated by 2J Supply with your prior permission.
SALE OR MERGER
We have a legitimate interest in transferring or disclosing your personal identifiable information to a third party if we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or asset sale, and your personally identifiable information may be transferred to another party as part of the transaction. In such an event, data you provided to us, where it is relevant to any part of the business transaction, will be transferred to the new owner or new controlling entity who will be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which the data was originally collected by us. In this event, we will notify you in advance of the transaction and inform you of the changes.