Part #BIG8 RFOIL
Designed, manufactured, tested and certified to meet R8 code requirements for all duct types, rFOIL Big 8 2280 Reflective Duct Insulation series is a consistent contractor’s choice.
Our rFOIL Big 8 2280 Reflective Duct Insulation series consists of two layers of thick polyethylene bubble pack reflective insulation connected by 2-inch wide spacers. Multi-Layer Duct Insulation-Reflective Duct Insulation with built in spacer strips and multi-layer reflective insulation.
- Brand: COVERTECH FLEXIBLE PACKAGING, INC.Applicable Standard: R-8.0 Code Application RequirementsApplication: Suitable for all Duct typesItem Type: Duct Insulation
An inspector-friendly easily visible code certification strip on Big-8 means no hassles at the jobsite and extra peace of mind for installers!
The Big-8 Reflective Duct Insulation has been tested to an R-8 and is classified as Class 1/Class A in accordance with the ASTM E84-09 fire test standard. The product was mounted in accordance to ASTM-E2599-08. rFOIL Big-8 is specially designed to reduce radiant heat gain/loss in all residential and commercial duct applications. rFOIL also helps control condensation by providing an airtight thermal break around duct work.
- Increase system efficiency and lower HVAC equipment stress by installing Big-8 today!
- First Reflective Bubble (non-fibrous) Insulation to achieve R-8 (with Air Space) or R-6 (without Air Space).
- Stops Virtually All Heat from RADIATING into or out of Duct Systems
- Sealed Air Spaces Provide Tremendous Condensation Control
- High Compression Resistance Maintains Thermal Value
- Clean, Safe, and Easy Installation Results in Lower Labor Costs
- Simple to Cut and Configure around Obstructions
- Will Not Harbor Mold, Mildew, or Other Fungi
- Faster Reactions Time for Radiant Floor Heating
- Will Not Rot, Degrade, Compress or Break Down Thermal Value over Time
- Seals Duct System from Attic Dust and Fibrous Glass Particles
- Allows Inspectors to Easily Identify Product and Specs